About Cosmetic Surgeon Kolkata - Dr. Souvik Adhikari
Dr. Souvik Adhikari, MS MCh is a Kolkata based plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeon and has passed from premier medical institutions in the country. His academic record is immaculate and has been characterized with numerous scholarships and fellowships all throughout his career.
His distinctions started right from his secondary and senior secondary levels wherein he was the class topper in both levels. He also won the Encouragement Award of the Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search, which is an innovative exam designed to encourage and identify upcoming scientists. He qualified for several medical entrance examinations and was ranked within the first 10 candidates in his state level exam whereby he took admission for his MBBS course in Medical College, Kolkata, the oldest medical college of Asia and one of the premier institutions of India. After completion of his MBBS, he devoted a lot of time in research both in the University of Houston as well as in the University of Bristol whereby he was awarded the prestigious DFID Scholarship by the Commonwealth.
Following this, he returned to India and started off his surgical career again through a nationwide entrance examination. He thereby completed his MS (Master of Surgery) from his home institution and then went on to qualify for the nationwide superspecialty entrance exam in Plastic Surgery. He then finished his MCh in Plastic Surgery from IPGME&R, another premier institution of the state and got adequate training in all aspects of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. Following this, he was awarded the prestigious AO Fellowship by the AO, Switzerland which he completed in Johns Hopkins University, USA.
He is now attached with a reputed superspeciality hospital in Kolkata as a cosmetic and plastic surgeon as well as he has set up his own practice in Kolkata under the name of “Cosmetic Surgery Kolkata” and performs a whole range of plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic procedures as an independent cosmetic surgeon in Kolkata.
Publications by Dr.Souvik Adhikari:
1. Adhikari S, Bandyopadhyay T, Saha J K. Anterior Tibial Artery Perforator Plus Flaps for Reconstruction of Post Burn Flexion Contractures of the Knee Joint. Ann Burns Fire Disasters. 2012 Jun 30;25(2):86-91.
2. Adhikari S, Bandyopadhyay T, Saha J K. Combined Subcision, Autologous Fat Grafting and Microskin Grafting for unsightly facial scar in Fitzpatrick Skin Type V: A Case Report. ACES. Online First: 19 Jul, 2012.
3. Adhikari S, Bandyopadhyay T, Sarkar T, Saha J K. Blast Injuries of the Hand: Patterns, Pathomechanics & Treatment. Journal of Emergencies, Trauma and Shock. 2013 ;6:1: 29-36.
4. Bandyopadhyay T, Karmakar A, Adhikari S. Fetal Salvage by Cesarean Section in a case of 90% maternal burn injury. Singapore Medical Journal. 2012 Nov;53(11):e247-8.
5. Souvik Adhikari, Nilanjan Mitra, Md. Zahid Hossain, Amitabha Das, Udipta Ray. Etiology and Outcome of Acute Intestinal Obstruction: A review of 367 patients in Eastern India. Saudi J Gastroenterol. 2010 October-December;16(4):285-287.
6. Souvik Adhikari, Udipta Ray, Ramdip Ray, Nilay Biswas: Malignant Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor Of The Third Part Of The Duodenum Presenting As Gastric Outlet Obstruction: A Rare Presentation. The Internet Journal of Surgery. 2008. Volume 16 Number 1.